- IDEA Sites
- Digital Freedoms
- International Justice
- 2012 Presidential Debates Guide
- Asia Youth Forum
- Big Apple Cogers
- Debate Changing Europe
- Debate in the Neighborhood
- Debating and Producing Media
- Debating the Future of Youth in Africa and Europe
- Dialogue without borders
- Digital Debating Blog
- Free Speech Debate
- Global Youth Forum
- Global Debate and Public Policy Challenge
- International Public Policy Forum
- Online Mentoring
- Securing Liberty Series
- Youth and Sports Mega-Events
Registration for the After Summer School and debate competition closed on the 11th of November. You can, however, still attend the public debate on Wednesday the 20th of November.
The rules governing registration can still be found below. For any further questions, please contact Roeland Hemsteede at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only people aged between 15-30 years are eligible to participate. By inviting you to take part in the program, IDEA Amsterdam and partners guarantee that, through participating, you receive the following:
- You will receive 2,5 days of first-class training in debate skills, organized by IDEA Amsterdam and led by internationally certified debate trainers;
- You will receive a training on blog-writing from Wim Bossema, a renowned Volkskrant journalist who has expertise in the subject;
- You will enlarge and systemize your knowledge of the issues that concern the inclusion of African youth in Europe. IDEA will provide a reader that will introduce you to the literature on the subject;
- You will be introduced to the concept of active citizenship and how this relates to the issues of people from African descent in Europe;
- IDEA arranges your accommodation in Amsterdam on 15-17 November;
- IDEA also arranges the meals during the After Summer School;
- Each participant will receive a certificate with the logos of IDEA and the partners, which testifies that you have taken part in the program;
- Successful competitors will be invited to participate in the further dialogue on the subject within an advocacy project.
On your part, we expect you to be committed to do the following:
- Participate fully, actively, positively and constructively in the activities, trainings, meetings, and debates that are offered throughout the program;
- Write a motivation that explains why you should be selected for participation in the program (you can do so in the registration form);
- Pay the registration fee of €37,50 for the whole of the program or fill in a motivation for a fee waiver. You can do this via a bank transfer after you have submitted your registration form
- Be prepared to cover personal expenses such as additional drinks and travel costs. Note that IDEA does not cover any expenses other than mentioned above.
When you register for the event, we will assume that you have read and accepted these terms.
The Inclusion of African Youth in Europe project is made possible with funding from Youth in Action, a European Commission youth fund.